Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Encore...My interview with Janet Evanovich!






In honor of the debut of SMOKIN' SEVENTEEN today, I've decided to run an encore of my interview with Janet Evanovich from May for those of you who might have missed it:


and without any further ado (because none is needed:

R: Hello, Janet, and welcome. thank you for allowing me to interview you, meow. I realize you're very busy and your answers will be short, but your time is muchly appreciated!

J: Thank you for having me, Rocco.


R: Please tell us a little bit about your next Stephanie Plum book! What can we expect?

JE: I can't say much other than a man from Stephanie's past comes to town.



R: Ah, what a teaser :) Ok, now, confess! Are you Team Ranger, Team Moretti, or Team Diesel?

JE: I'm not a team player. :-)


R: From a fan standpoint, there's nothing you can't do. But is there anything in particular that you feel uncomfortable or that you just can't write about?

JE: I can't write from a male point of view. I have no idea what goes inside a man's head.


R: If you were not a writer, what would you be doing now?

JE: I got a degree in art, so I'd perpetually have paint under my fingernails.


R: Do you do anything special to celebrate when you finish a novel?

JE: Take a walk on the beach, eat some birthday cake (even if it's not my birthday) and then get to work on the next book.

R: Now the question I know is on every Janet Evanovich/Stephanie Plum fan's mind:
Can you tell us your thoughts on the forthcoming Stephanie Plum movie, starring Katherine Heigl?

JE: I'm looking forward to it. I understand that Katherine is a fan of the books and she's always wanted to play Stephanie, so it's all good.


R: In closing: Dog or cat person (careful now J - Meow)

JE: We've always had pets -- cats, dogs, a hamster or two and a bird. But sorry, Rocco, though I love you dearly, I'm currently a dog person. Although my son's cat, Gus, is a frequent visitor. He has play dates with my dog Ollie.

R: Thank you so much, Janet, for making time to let me interview you. Meow! It's been a real pleasure!


There you are, kitties! So, RUN not walk, to your nearest bookstore today to get your copy of SMOKIN' SEVENTEEN (or download it on your Nook - or Kindle - if you prefer) And mark your calendars for ONE FOR THE MONEY, in theatres January 27, 2012


Coming soon: Interview with author Jill Myles - Interview with literary agent Josh Getzler - and my salute to Adopt a Shelter Cat Month concludes next week!

Meowingly yours,

ROCCO
SCI FI BLOGGING CAT

1 comment:

  1. I already pre-ordered this book and I can't WAIT til it gets here!!! Thanks for a great interview:)

    ReplyDelete