Tuesday, June 7, 2011

ROCCO SALUTES "ADOPT A SHELTER CAT MONTH"

June is official "Adopt a Shelter Cat Month" and this is a cause I - and my Master - heartily support! I myself was a foster cat, and my brother Maxx was a stray. My sisters, Gata and Trixie, were both shelter cats!

for those of you considering this, here's a handy checklist to aid you:

"TOP TEN" CHECKLIST FOR ADOPTING A CAT
1.If you're thinking about adopting a cat, consider taking home two.
2.Find a cat whose personality meches with yours.
3.Pick out a veterinarian ahead of time and schedule a visit within the first few days following the adoption.
4.Make sure everyone in the house is prepared to have a cat before it comes home.
5.Budget for the short- and long-term costs of a cat.
6.Stock up on supplies before the cat arrives.
7.Cat-proof your home.
8.Go slowly when introducing your cat to new friends and family.
9.Be sure to include your new pet in your family’s emergency plan.
10.If you’re considering giving a cat as a gift, make sure the recipient is an active participant in the adoption process.

There are great sites - www.petfinder.com comes quickly to mind - that can put you in touch with the cat of your dreams (I know, I know, I'm taken...but there are others)

Here's a link to the American Humane Association, which has tons of information on the subject, including a dowloadable version of this checklist, banners, etc:


http://www.americanhumane.org/animals/programs/special-initiatives/adopt-a-cat-month/


So, don't wait! If you're thinking of a furry, adorable, independant companion, get out there and adopt a shelter cat today!

This has been a public service message from your local Sci-Fi blogging cat!


ROCCO

No comments:

Post a Comment